The ACT is one of two standardized tests that students across the United States take as a prerequisite for college entrance.
How To Register
Juniors should plan on taking the ACT in April in order to take dual-credit courses their Senior year and to complete college applications.
Sophomores should plan on taking the ACT in April in order to take dual-credit courses their Junior year.
ACT Prep Options
1) Free Online testing and questions are provided by the following companies:
- ACT offers a free “Question of the Day” at www.actprofile.com You will need to use your account to log in.
- ACT offers a free downloadable practice booklet that you may print out at https://www.act.org/content/dam/act/unsecured/documents/Preparing-for-the-ACT.pdf
- Kaplan offers free online “Question of the Day” and “Instant Practice” turbo tests. https://www.kaptest.com/college-prep/free-resources/instant-practice
- Kaplan offers free online “Events” https://www.kaptest.com/college-prep/free-resources/free-events?event-tab=ACT
- Number2 offers free online prep at http://number2.com/exams/act/companion/index.cfm?s=0
- Kahn Academy http://blog.prepscholar.com/khan-academy-act-prep
2) Participate in a local workshop/series of study sessions or get private tutoring
- Cathie Morrison, Educated Matters – workshops and private tutoring ($150 a workshop) 816-256-3986 ACT_Tutor256@yahoo.com
- Charis Sawyer – private tutoring ($50 an hour) email@example.com