FCA Update (16 March 2020)
We serve the Sovereign Lord and He is in control. As things get crazy or as they return to normal, let’s treat one another and those with whom we have interaction in such a way that He is glorified. Thank you for your continued partnership and thank you for being flexible and understanding during these trying times. In accordance with the recommendations of our governing authorities, here are the current details as FCA moves forward:
FCA will be extending spring break for FCA students and families to include Monday, March 23rd and Tuesday, March 24th.
On Wednesday, March 25th, we will introduce our “virtual classrooms” to our parents by way of a virtual (mandatory) parent training.
Virtual classes will then begin on Thursday, March 26th. At this time, we do not know how long we will need to be in “virtual mode,” but we are planning for a timeframe of a couple of weeks or longer.
Changes in Our Spring Schedule
- Because the virtual classroom will move along at a different pace than a normal classroom, and to compensate for this, we are canceling the Iowa Test of Basic Skills testing and mini–mester week.
- Men’s baseball season, women’s soccer season, and track season have been canceled in accordance with the CDC’s prohibition of groups of 50 or more people meeting.
- FCA Players Theatre will “go dark” this spring — look for us again in the spring of 2021.
- We are tentatively planning on rescheduling the Blue Jean Ball for Friday, May 15th.
Important Enrollment Information for the 2020-2021 School Year
Enrollment for returning families is now open for the 2020-2021 school year! As you consider and pray about re-enrolling your child, we want to provide you with information that will help you navigate your investment at FCA.
Below you will find:
- The FCA tuition schedule for the 2020-2021 academic year
- The four-year family plan
- The family intent to return form
- The application for admission* If you are a returning family that is enrolling a new student, please complete an application for admission as well.
- The statement of collaboration, outlining what you, as a parent, can expect from teachers and administration, along with your responsibilities in this collaborative process.
Be aware of the following important dates:
|1 March 2020||The family intent to return form, along with a $250 deposit of your registration fees is due in order to hold your child’s place in their class.|
|1 May 2020||All remaining registration fees are due unless opting for a 12-month ACH monthly payment plan beginning June 1, 2020.|
|The first month’s tuition is due.|
|1 June 2020||The first installment of remaining registration fees is due if opting for a 12-month ACH monthly payment plan.|
|1 June 2020||The first installment of academic fees is due if paying in four monthly installments.|
|1 August 2020||Academic fees are due if paying in full.|
Once we receive your family intent to return, your individualized payment agreement will be forthcoming.
The tuition reduction program at FCA is unfunded. Our tuition reductions are given to those with financial need based on a system called F.A.I.R., which stands for:
- Financial Need – Assessment is determined by FAST, an independent financial management company that helps confirm the financial need.
- Academics – The academic and behavior record of the student(s) will be considered.
- Involvement – Student(s) and family involvement through volunteer hours will be considered.
- Reference – Each family applying for a tuition reduction is required to obtain a reference from their pastor. Additionally, all faculty whom your child interacts with regularly will be consulted.
Faith Christian Academy also offers tuition discounts for children of students or faculty members of Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, senior pastors, and missionaries. Please complete and submit the ministry tuition discount request for consideration, along with the family intent to return form.
FACTS (formerly RenWeb)
FACTS (formerly RenWeb) is a tremendous resource for FCA families, providing information as varied as family accounting statements to student grade cards. Below is a link to this site. Please direct any questions about FACTS to the FCA office (email@example.com).
Coming soon-our newly updated FCA school calendar!
Click here for a printable uniform policy.