Summer, beautiful summer! It has a different pace, but there are still things going on-let’s keep in touch. Take a look at what’s happening, below.
The FCA office can be reached by phone (816-455-3513) or by email (email@example.com) each week throughout the summer. Following are details:
- The office will respond to messages within one business day (Monday through Friday).
- If you need to meet with someone on campus, plan to contact that person directly to schedule an appointment.
- Picking up or dropping off an item? Email the office first in order to make sure someone is there to meet you.
Schoolwide Communication (throughout the summer?!)
Indeed! We will be sending you an email approximately once a week with a live-link summer edition Nunciatio, complete with all that’s going on as well as how to prepare for fall.
|6-8 August 2021||Missouri’s Tax-Free Weekend|
|12 August 2021||Back-to-School Night (6:00 pm)|
|16 August 2021||First Day of Grammar School|
|16 August 2021||House Retreat (9:00 am, Monday to 3:00 pm, Tuesday)|
|18 August 2021||First Day of Secondary|
|23 August 2021||Grammar School Parent Training|
2021-2022 School Supply Lists Are Here!
Begin looking for supplies now, if you like or wait for Missouri’s Tax-Free Weekend! Below are the supply lists.2021-2022-Supply-List-Grammar-School
Click here for a printable copy of the 2021-2022 grammar school supply list.2021-2022-Supply-List-Secondary
Click here for a printable copy of the 2021-2022 secondary supply list.
2021-2022 FCA School Calendar
The 2021-2022 FCA School Calendar has gone live! Check the summer edition Nunciatio for a link to the 2021-2022 FCA School Calendar.
Click here for a printable uniform policy. Click the Land’s End logo below to shop for uniforms.
FACTS (formerly RenWeb) is a tremendous resource for FCA families, providing information as varied as family accounting statements to student grade cards. Below is are vital instructions to get you started, along with a link to this site. Please direct any questions about FACTS to the FCA office (firstname.lastname@example.org).FACTS-Instructions
Click here for a printable copy of the FACTS instructions.
Parent Volunteer Opportunities
Look for opportunities to volunteer throughout the summer in our summer edition Nunciatio.
Coffee and Conversation
Coffee and Conversation is FCA’s parent discussion group that meets informally approximately once a month for the purpose of deepening our understanding and appreciation of Christian classical education and building lasting friendships within the parent community of FCA. To read more about Coffee and Conversation, click here.
Moms in Prayer (MIP)
Moms in Prayer (MIP) is an international group encouraging moms to pray together for their children and for their school. FCA’s prayer team adheres to the MIP structured prayer model. Click the logo on the right to learn more about Moms in Prayer.
Parent-Teacher Fellowship (PTF)
Parent-Teacher Fellowship (PTF) offers FCA parents an effective way to come alongside FCA, teachers, students, and other parents through volunteer support.
PTF sponsors Grandparents’ Day, community dinners, teacher/staff appreciation days, and much more! To get involved, email email@example.com.
Snow Day Alerts
Parents, to be alerted by text when there are snow days, click here. You will also be alerted via email, through social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), through local news media, our newsletter, and on right here the website.
Paying Registration Fees for the 2021-2022 School Year
To pay registration fees, choose one of the following three options:
- Send in a check or cash, payable to FCA, to the FCA office.
- Pay on FACTS using PayNow.
- Have registration fees debited from your bank account via ACH Debit. There is no charge for the ACH debit service. Click here for the authorization agreement for direct payments (ACH debits) form that must be completed even if an ACH form is currently on file with FCA.
Click here to download a printable copy of the 2021-2022 Tuition Schedule for Current Families.
Applications for tuition reduction for the 2021-2022 school year will not be reviewed after March 1, 2021.
The tuition reduction program at FCA is unfunded. Our tuition reductions are given to those with proven financial need after the first full year of enrollment based on a system called F.A.I.R., which stands for:
- Financial Need – An independent, third-party service, FAST, assesses financial need based on each applicant’s financial information.
- Academics – The academic and behavior record of the student(s) will be considered.
- Involvement – Student(s) and family involvement through volunteer hours will be considered.
- Reference – Each family applying for a tuition reduction is required to obtain a pastor reference form. Additionally, all faculty whom your child interacts with regularly will be consulted.
Steps Necessary to Complete the Financial Aid Application Process
- Update your service hours in FACTS (RenWeb). All families awarded financial aid are expected to complete no less than 50 hours of volunteer service during the 2021-2022 school year.
- Secure a pastor reference by returning a completed pastor reference form by March 1, 2021, and return it to the administrative assistant for finance (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Complete a FAST application form, including tax documentation.
- Remit a $45 non-refundable processing fee directly to FAST; and remit a $25 non-refundable processing fee to FCA via FACTS (RenWeb).
- Expect a letter notifying you with a determination about your tuition reduction.
- Sign and return the letter, signaling your agreement with the terms.
- Expect to meet with the Head of School for further explanation.
- Payment agreements for those seeing financial aid will be due one week after meeting with the Head of School.
Faith Christian Academy also offers tuition discounts for children of students or faculty members of Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, senior pastors, and missionaries. Please complete and submit the ministry tuition discount form for consideration.