Some of the Basics
Information to point you in the right direction all year!
Re-enrollment Season is Underway!
Re-enrollment season runs from Monday, January 10th through Friday, January 28th. All families who are re-enrolling children must complete their enrollment packet (link sent via email 01/10/2022) to hold their child’s spot.
The FCA office can be reached by phone (816-455-3513) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) each week throughout the school year. Our office hours are as follows:
- 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m., Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Available electronically by emailing email@example.com, Tuesday
- Closed, Thursday
Schoolwide Communication (2021-2022 Nunciatio)
Look for an an email each week with a live link to the 2021-2022 Nunciatio, our all-school newsletter, complete with all that’s going on.
|10 January 2022||First Day of Second Semester|
|10 January 2022||First Day of Re-enrollment Season|
|11 January 2022||Home Game vs. NEK|
|12 January 2022||Chess Club|
|12 January 2022||Meet-and-Greet|
|14 January 2022||Moms in Prayer|
|17 January 2022||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Monday off, Tuesday homework)|
|19 January 2022||Secondary Chapel|
|19 January 2022||Tryouts for Second Annual House Talent Show|
|21 January 2022||Coffee and Conversation|
|21 January 2022||Tryouts for Second Annual House Talent Show|
|26 January 2022||Grammar School Chapel|
|29, 30 January 2022||No Homework Weekend|
|31 January 2022||House Talent Show|
|2 February 2022||House Talent Show|
|5 February 2022||Reignite Conference|
|28 February 2022||Protocol Training|
|5 March 2022||Protocol|
2021-2022 FCA School Calendar
The 2021-2022 FCA School Calendar has gone live! Check the 2021-2022 Nunciatio for a link to the calendar page where you will find all school events.
Stay tuned for updated uniform policy information. We’ve provided the Land’s End logo below to shop for uniforms.
FACTS is a tremendous resource for FCA families, providing information as varied as family accounting statements to student grade cards. Below are vital instructions to get you started, along with a link to this site. Please direct any questions about FACTS to the FCA office (firstname.lastname@example.org).2021-2022-FACTS-Instructions
Click here for a printable copy of the FACTS instructions.
Parent Volunteer Opportunities
Look for opportunities to volunteer throughout the year in our all-school newsletter, Nunciatio.
Coffee and Conversation
Coffee and Conversation is FCA’s parent discussion group that meets informally approximately once a month for the purpose of deepening friendships with those in the FCA community and enriching our understanding and appreciation of Christian classical education. To read more about Coffee and Conversation, click here.
Moms in Prayer (MIP)
Moms in Prayer (MIP) is an international group encouraging moms to pray together for their children and for their school. FCA’s prayer team adheres to the MIP structured prayer model. Click the logo on the right to learn more about Moms in Prayer.
Parent-Teacher Fellowship (PTF)
Parent-Teacher Fellowship (PTF) offers FCA parents an effective way to come alongside FCA, teachers, students, and other parents through volunteer support.
PTF sponsors Grandparents’ Day, community dinners, teacher appreciation days, and much more! To get involved, email email@example.com.
Snow Day Alerts
Parents, to be alerted by text when there are snow days, click here. You will also be alerted via email, through social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), through local news media, our newsletter, and right here.
Updated information about applications for tuition reduction for the 2022-2023 school year is forthcoming.
The tuition reduction program at FCA is unfunded. Our tuition reductions are given to those with proven financial need after the first full year of enrollment based on a system called F.A.I.R., which stands for:
- Financial Need – An independent, third-party service, FAST, assesses financial need based on each applicant’s financial information.
- Academics – The academic and behavior record of the student(s) will be considered.
- Involvement – Student(s) and family involvement through volunteer hours will be considered.
- Reference – Each family applying for a tuition reduction is required to obtain a pastor reference form. Additionally, all faculty whom your child interacts with regularly will be consulted.
Steps Necessary to Complete the Financial Aid Application Process
- Update your service hours in FACTS (RenWeb). All families awarded financial aid are expected to complete no less than 50 hours of volunteer service during the 2021-2022 school year.
- Secure a pastor reference by returning a completed pastor reference form by March 1, 2021, and return it to the administrative assistant for finance (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Complete a FAST application form, including tax documentation.
- Remit a $45 non-refundable processing fee directly to FAST; and remit a $25 non-refundable processing fee to FCA via FACTS (RenWeb).
- Expect a letter notifying you with a determination about your tuition reduction.
- Sign and return the letter, signaling your agreement with the terms.
- Expect to meet with the Head of School for further explanation.
- Payment agreements for those seeing financial aid will be due one week after meeting with the Head of School.
Faith Christian Academy also offers tuition discounts for children of students or faculty members of Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, senior pastors, and missionaries. Please complete and submit the ministry tuition discount form for consideration.