Get in the habit of checking this web page, our social media, and our school newsletter, Nunciatio? We update all resources regularly and make sure to remind you of important, upcoming events!
Click the image for up-to-date information about what’s going on throughout the school year at FCA!
|14 April 2021||Moms In Prayer (8:15-9:15 am)|
House Unity Projects (12:00-12:30 pm)
|16 April 2021||Midwest Christian School Academic, Music and Fine Arts Festival|
|17 April 2021||Gawain/Percival Service Projects (9:00-3:00 pm)|
|21 April 2021||Secondary Chapel (10:45 am)|
|26, 28, 30 April 2021*||Iowa Assessments (formerly ITBS)|
*Second graders begin Friday, April 23rd
|30 April 2021||Field Day|
|3, 5, 7 May 2021||Knights’ Academic Conference (10:45 am, each day)|
|10 May 2021||Fine Arts Night (4:00 pm-Open House; 7:00 pm-Concert)|
|17 May 2021||College Fair (7:00-9:00 pm)|
|19 May 2021||Last Day of Classes (1/2 day)|
Knights’ Fest Carnival
|28 May 2021||Graduation|
NEWLY Available: 2021-2022 FCA School Calendar2021-2022-FCA-School-Calendar-03242021
Click here for a printable copy of the 2021-2022 FCA School Calendar.
Paying Registration Fees for the 2021-2022 School Year
To pay registration fees, choose one of the following three options:
- Send in a check or cash, payable to FCA, to the FCA office.
- Pay on FACTS using PayNow.
- Have registration fees debited from your bank account via ACH Debit. There is no charge for the ACH debit service. Click here for the authorization agreement for direct payments (ACH debits) form that must be completed even if an ACH form is currently on file with FCA.
2021-2022 Tuition Schedule for Current Families9B1-2021-2022-Tuition-Schedule-for-All-Current-Families
Click here to download a printable copy of the 2021-2022 Tuition Schedule for Current Families.
Continual Enrollment Timeline
|11 January 2021||Continual enrollment begins.|
Existing families may add new students at this time.
|25 January 2021||Completed ACH Form is due.|
|29 January 2021||Continual enrollment ends.|
|1 February 2021||Open enrollment for new families begins.|
FACTS accounts will be charged a $250 deposit in order to hold each family’s place.
|10 February 2021||A $25 late fee will be assessed in FACTS if the $250 deposit has not been paid.|
|1 March 2021||Payments agreements will be distributed.|
|2 April 2021||Payment agreements are due.|
|1 May 2021||Any remaining registration fees are due.|
Parent Volunteer Opportunities
We are happy to provide opportunities for our parents to partner with us and thankful for the help you give! Our March sign-ups filled up quickly! Let’s think ahead to April and May — Click here to sign up for April; click here to sign up for May. Watch for specific opportunities in Nunciatio.
Coffee and Conversation
Coffee and Conversation is FCA’s parent discussion group that meets informally approximately once a month for the purpose of deepening our understanding and appreciation of Christian classical education and building lasting friendships within the parent community of FCA. To read more about Coffee and Conversation, click here.
Moms in Prayer (MIP)
Moms in Prayer (MIP) is an international group encouraging moms to pray together for their children and for their school. FCA’s prayer team adheres to the MIP structured prayer model. Click the logo on the right to learn more about Moms in Prayer.
Parent-Teacher Fellowship (PTF)
Parent-Teacher Fellowship (PTF) offers FCA parents an effective way to come alongside FCA, teachers, students, and other parents through volunteer support.
PTF sponsors Grandparents’ Day, community dinners, teacher/staff appreciation days, and much more! To get involved, email email@example.com.
2020-2021 FCA Calendar2020-2021-FCA-School-Calendar-03222021
Click here to download a copy of the 2020-2021 FCA Calendar. Please note that calendar events are subject to change.
Click here for a printable uniform policy. Click the Land’s End logo below to shop for uniforms.
FACTS (formerly RenWeb)
FACTS (formerly RenWeb) is a tremendous resource for FCA families, providing information as varied as family accounting statements to student grade cards. Below is are vital instructions to get you started, along with a link to this site. Please direct any questions about FACTS to the FCA office (firstname.lastname@example.org).FACTS-Instructions
Click here for a printable copy of the FACTS instructions.
Snow Day Alerts
Parents, to be alerted by text when there are snow days, click here. You will also be alerted via email, through social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), through local news media, our newsletter, and on right here the website.
Applications for tuition reduction for the 2021-2022 school year will not be reviewed after March 1, 2021.
The tuition reduction program at FCA is unfunded. Our tuition reductions are given to those with proven financial need after the first full year of enrollment based on a system called F.A.I.R., which stands for:
- Financial Need – An independent, third-party service, FAST, assesses financial need based on each applicant’s financial information.
- Academics – The academic and behavior record of the student(s) will be considered.
- Involvement – Student(s) and family involvement through volunteer hours will be considered.
- Reference – Each family applying for a tuition reduction is required to obtain a pastor reference form. Additionally, all faculty whom your child interacts with regularly will be consulted.
Steps Necessary to Complete the Financial Aid Application Process
- Update your service hours in FACTS (RenWeb). All families awarded financial aid are expected to complete no less than 50 hours of volunteer service during the 2021-2022 school year.
- Secure a pastor reference by returning a completed pastor reference form by March 1, 2021, and return it to the administrative assistant for finance (email@example.com).
- Complete a FAST application form, including tax documentation.
- Remit a $45 non-refundable processing fee directly to FAST; and remit a $25 non-refundable processing fee to FCA via FACTS (RenWeb).
- Expect a letter notifying you with a determination about your tuition reduction.
- Sign and return the letter, signaling your agreement with the terms.
- Expect to meet with the Head of School for further explanation.
- Payment agreements for those seeing financial aid will be due one week after meeting with the Head of School.
Faith Christian Academy also offers tuition discounts for children of students or faculty members of Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, senior pastors, and missionaries. Please complete and submit the ministry tuition discount form for consideration.