The Faith Christian Academy Knights athletic program is governed by guiding principles that emphasize Integrity, Respect, Responsibility, Sportsmanship, and Servant Leadership, or as we like to call it, IR2S2. Our sports program mirrors the ideology of the school by encouraging a community of student-athletes, parents, and fans who seek out and practice Christian virtue on the soccer field, the baseball field, the track, the volleyball court, the basketball court, or in the stands.
Student-athletes are able to participate in or cheer on Knights’ teams throughout the school year. Students in 6th-12th grades, who are in good academic standing, may be on one of our many teams. Even students as young as six years old may participate in track. We allow homeschool athletes to try out for teams as well, giving preference to FCA students when teams are close to full.
As homeschooling continued to grow in the Kansas City area, more and more families were looking for athletic programs in order to give their children an opportunity to grow and compete in quality, Christ-centered sports programs. In 2000, a group of dedicated parents in the Northland, launched Kansas City’s first competitive homeschool sports program, the Kansas City North Knights. In 2003, the Kansas City North Knights entered into an agreement with Faith Christian Academy to combine efforts and offer sports for both organizations. In 2007, the Kansas City North Knights athletic program merged with Faith Christian Academy and became the Knights.
FCA is home to seven sports including four women’s sports and four men’s sports. Athletes can compete, in most cases, from seventh through 12th grade, with the exception of track, where students are welcome beginning in kindergarten. The following are our sports teams.
- Women’s Volleyball (fall)
- Men’s Soccer (fall)
- Women’s Basketball (winter)
- Men’s Basketball (winter)
- Women’s Soccer (spring)
- Men’s Baseball (spring)
- Track (spring)
Women’s Volleyball (6th-12th grade) – Fall Sport – Registration begins June 1, 2020.
- First athlete-varsity (9th-12th) – $495
- Subsequent athlete-varsity – $455
- First athlete-junior high, junior varsity (6th-9th) – $390
- Subsequent junior high, junior varsity athlete (6th-9th) – $350
Men’s Soccer (6th-12th grade) – Fall Sport – Registration begins June 1, 2020.
- First athlete-varsity (9th-12th grade) – $425
- Subsequent athlete-varsity – $390
- First athlete-junior high (6th-9th grade) – $275
- Subsequent athlete-junior high – $240
Men’s and Women’s Basketball (6th-12th grade) – Winter Sport – Registration begins September 1, 2020.
- Junior varsity athlete (6th-8th grade) – $395
- Subsequent junior varsity athlete – $345
- Varsity athlete (9th-12th grade) – $550
- Subsequent varsity athlete – $500
Women’s Soccer (6th-12th grade) – Spring Sport – Registration begins January 6, 2021.
- Junior varsity athlete (6th-9th grade) – $225
- Subsequent junior varsity athlete – $200
- Varsity* athlete (9th-12th grade) – $275
- Subsequent varsity athlete – $250
Men’s Baseball (7th-12th grade) – Spring Sport – Registration begins January 6, 2021.
- Junior varsity athlete (7th-9th grade) – $400
- Varsity athlete (9th-12th grade) – $500
Track (K-12th grade) – Spring Sport – Registration begins January 6, 2021.
- Short Season (K-6th grade) – $160
- Second athlete – $140
- Third athlete and all subsequent athletes – $120
- Full Season (7th-12th grade) – $275
- Second athlete – $250
- Third athlete and all subsequent athletes – $225
*All varsity fees include out-of-town tournament expenses except for spring sports.
Faith Christian Academy is part of the Metro Christian Athletic Association, an athletic conference consisting of Blue Ridge Christian, Cornerstone Family School of Topeka, Heritage Christian School, Shawnee Mission Christian, and Whitefield Academy.
Please contact the athletic director at email@example.com for more information about the Knights.